Sunday, July 27, 2008

A trip to the winery!

The entrance to the Horton Winery in Gordonsville, Virginia. (All photos by Skip Hawkes)

While vacationing in Virginia this week, my youngest daughter Leaha and her husband Steve and I headed from their home in Charlottesville to Gordonsville to visit my oldest daughter Staci. We headed down the Seminole Trail (Rt. 29). Here are a few photos along the way:






Along the way I shot just a couple photos. The first one is of a cool looking water tower, and the second one is just a nice looking house that I have always liked since my first trip here.




Coming into Gordonsville, the kids took me into Horton Winery. A wine vineyard that has a gift shop, offers wine tasting, and gives tours of the winery. We didn't get to go on a tour because it was early in the day and things were slow. Here are some photos of the vineyard:





Inside the store, you can see the tasting area's as well as the many gift items and hundreds of bottles of wine available for sale.

One of the tasting counters.
This is a table where much of the wine tasting will take place later in the day.

My daughter Leaha doing a bit of tasting herself. She actually bought a bottle of this one.

No comments: